We are recruiting – for a Digital Marketing & Social Media Co-ordinator
Digital Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
(Fixed contract to Sep 2020) 20 days per month minimum which can be worked flexibly.
Contract Value: £32,000 annual pro rata
Midlothian and Borders Tourism Action Group (MBTAG) is an industry led group of tourism businesses working throughout Midlothian and Scottish Borders. The group is supported by both local authorities and has successfully been awarded a grant from the LEADER European Fund 2016-20 to deliver a digital marketing campaign and associated activities until Sep 2020. The group is now seeking a Marketing and Social Media Coordinator to lead on activities throughout the region(s).
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in developing our regional digital and social media strategy and powering the engagement and growth of our social media channels.
Reporting directly to the MBTAG Project manager, you’ll have a passion for all things digital and will be tasked primarily with the growth and nurture of our online presence through our digital and social media channels. From assisting with the development of our new website(s), to working with our appointed creative agent on new content development, you’ll play an important role in the team.
The successful candidate should be prepared to work on a self-employed basis and therefore responsible for own taxes and annual leave. The role may be home based but will require minimum one day a week working from our offices in either Midlothian or Scottish Borders. The candidate should also be prepared to attend meetings with MBTAG and project stakeholders as required. A separate travel/mileage allowance will be available for this.
- Develop a digital and social media strategy for Midlothian and Borders social media channels to grow awareness of the tourism offerings across the regions, increase engagement and develop a presence online.
- To work closely with SBC’s Economic Development Service, MBTAG steering group, VisitScotland and other relevant organisations and stakeholders
- Assist our creative agency with a content audit. To assess what content is available digitally from businesses and partners identifying gaps and opportunities.
- Working with an appointed web developer (contracted separately) to create a web presence for new ‘tourism experiences’ which also reflects the regional strengths and diversity of both Midlothian and the Scottish Borders.
- Lead on the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) activity for the websites to improve rankings, monitoring metadata, keywords and descriptions.
- Monitor and analyse website and social media statistics and report on performance as required.
- Prepare scheduled HTML newsletters (Mailchimp, monitor and recommend improvements).
- Working with the tourism businesses to gather new data, news and events content to update website and for social media activity.
- Responsible for marketing and promoting the newly launched Midlothian & Borders Tourism App. This will involve working with tourism businesses and stakeholders to encourage joint marketing, awareness raising and liaising with developer on any feedback or updates
- Update MBTAG Business to Business website regularly and this social media channel with news, events and opportunities for the industry/businesses
- Work with our appointed creative agency to create 4 digital campaigns across 4 themes. This creative agency will be responsible for developing new and exciting content including photography, videography, 360 video, drone footage and 4 concept campaigns. This role will be to help co-ordinate activity and be a single contact with the creative agency.
- Implement the activity from the digital strategy / plan to deliver 4 themed campaigns using content created, deliver seasonal activity digitally through social media channels.
- Oversee, establish targets and monitor the online and social media marketing campaign plans to achieve increased engagement throughout the region(s).
- Co-ordination for a blogger to cover 6 days activity.
- Raise awareness and promote effective use of digital communications across the industry.
- Update and develop the image and video catalogue.
- The supplier will be expected to provide regular briefings and supporting documentation throughout the course of the project.
- This list is not exhaustive, and the jobholder will be required to undertake other duties as required by project manager.
- Relevant marketing qualification and experience in digital and creative content marketing
- Understanding of the Tourism Sector in Scotland, Midlothian and the Scottish Borders as well as the positioning of the region in a wider context (national and international)
- Ability to liaise with all relevant stakeholders and organisations.
- Ability to analyse the performance and suggest improvements of social media marketing campaigns.
- Experience in owning and increasing presence online through social media.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- An eye for visuals and ideally experience using web platforms such as WordPress
- Excellent communications and copywriting skills
- Creative individual with a great eye for design
Please send your CV along with a cover letter by TUESDAY 2ND APRIL 2019 AT 5PM to
07980 283 407
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview week commencing 15th April.
We are ideally looking for someone to start immediately or ASAP.
“This project is funded by the Scottish Government and European Union Tyne Esk LEADER 2014-2020 Programme”