Do you have a new bookable product / experience? Has your business not been to EXPO before? Do you have a collaborative tourism initiative that would be of interest to the Travel Trade?
If yes then we have a great opportunity for you!
Following MBTAG attending EXPO in 2018 & 2019 and the successes and enquiries that have come on the back of it having interacted with over 300 buyers each year, we have taken a stand at VisitScotland Expo in April 2020 in Aberdeen ( 1st and 2nd April) to represent the destination. For this show we are now asking you to apply for a space
VisitScotland Expo is Scotland’s premier business to business Travel trade event, marrying the best of Scottish tourism product with buyers from across the Globe. In 2018 and 2019 it saw 500 buyers including tour operators, travel agents and wholesalers from the UK and international markets.
MBTAG have 6 x 2m spaces within the destination stand of ‘Discover Midlothian & The Scottish Borders’ and now invite you to apply.
There will be an application process and you must fall into the one of the following criteria:
- Have a new bookable products / experiences – Research shows that this is what people are looking for when booking a trip / holiday / group booking. They look for authentic experiences / something that tells them a story / immerses them in the destination and is unique.
- You have not been to VS Expo before. Are wanting to get more engaged with the travel trade (please note that you should either be travel trade ready, have attended MBTAG travel trade workshops ( or are signed up to them) or want to be trained / engaged with the travel trade and are open to being educated.
- Have collaborated with another businesses / more than one business to create a product / to create a collaborative tourism initiative.
- Opportunity to showcase one of the above points
- Must be / will be bookable
- Opportunity to engage with nearly 600 bookers
- You must be travel trade ready – know what your rates are and understand how the travel trade work or be prepared to be travel trade ready.
- Heavily sponsored by MBTAG – small cash contribution required by successful applicants.
- 6 spaces available (within the destination stand – which will be managed and co-ordinated by MBTAG)
What you need to do if you are interested:
- Download the Application form below
- Deadline 14th October – complete application for your chance to be there
- Panel decision on the applications will take place and applications scored on set criteria.
- Notified by 24th October if you are successful
We look forward to hearing from you. Here is to a great opportunity for 2020 to put Midlothian & The Scottish Borders in the spotlight yet again. After all, Scotland Starts Here!