Results-Driven Digital Marketing for Tourism: The Essential Guide – Scottish Borders & Midlothain
Event Date: Tuesday 26th February 2019
Location: The Interchange
Click here to book
Are you starting out or needing an update on digital marketing but lacking the core skills? Learn the key principles of digital marketing and how develop results-focused essential skills using the right tools. From identifying the right channel to evaluating campaign performance for your tourism business.
This workshop was developed to help your tourism businesses confirm the online demand for your product or service. You will learn the essential principles of digital marketing and how to apply these to your tourism business with practical take-aways you can implement straight away.
- Key principles of digital marketing and a results-driven approach
- Using the right tools and data to inform the design and development of your website
- SEO basics and how to get more traffic from Google
- Increase engagement through social media
- The importance of reviews and user generated content
- Build lasting relationships through email and customer experience management
The session includes live demos featuring free online applications and tools. Delegates may bring their own devices to access the tools during the session. Please be aware that some of the tools require you to have a Google account.
What do I need to bring?
Delegates can bring a device (laptop, tablet, smartphone) to access the tools discussed. Please note that you require a Google account to access some of these tools. Don’t forget to bring a power pack.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at business owners and managers who understand the business benefits of digital and are ready to invest in digital solutions to grow their businesses.
It may be beneficial but not essential for delegates to have attended the Digital Boost workshop “Digital Marketing Strategy” which provides a basic digital marketing foundation.
What will I learn?
- How to develop a plan with performance measures
- How to brief or begin the website design and development process
- What Google likes and looks for in a website
- What to do and what not to do when developing a social media plan
- How to manage user reviews and deal with online complaints
- Email campaign management
- Once registered, you will receive automatic email reminders prior to the workshop as well as as a link to the feedback form on the day of the workshop. In order to receive the link to the slides and any further communication, please give your consent when registering for this event.
- DTS events are aimed at tourism businesses only who operate on a B2C (Business to Consumer) or B2B (Business to Business) basis. Unfortunately, we can’t offer places to intermediaries, consultants or suppliers of services.
DTS is a partnership programme supported by VisitScotland, Scottish Enterprise, Business Gateway, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Government and Scottish Tourism Alliance. The workshops and awareness sessions are delivered by Elevator.
This event is brought to you in collaboration with MBTAG.